If you were to ask a group of people what irks them the most, you are guaranteed to hear them all say “hair fall” in unison, because it is something that everybody faces despite their gender. However, there are several treatment options that exist and Dr. Martin Maag in Lakewood Ranch can help you with them.
Let’s Have a Look at the Treatments Available:
- Prescription drugs- There is an FDA-approved drug finasteride that is available only by a doctor’s prescription and can help in regrowing hair and preventing further loss. This is a pill that is to be consumed every day.
- OTC drugs- Minoxidil is a drug that is available over the counter for everybody to purchase, it comes in liquid or foam form. This drug is approved by the FDA and is supposed to be applied 2 times a day.
- Hair transplant surgery- A hair transplant is a surgery performed by experts and helps you in getting a full head of hair. In this surgery hair follicles are taken from the backside of your scalp and transplanted to the portion you wish to grow new hair. These are of two types: Follicular unit transplant (FUT) and Follicular unit extraction (FUE); in both processes doctors implant follicles on the bald scalp. Through this surgery, people get to see new hair on their heads within 6 to 12 months of the surgery. People even opt. for multiple transplants to get the results that they desire. Hair transplant surgery gives you hair that is natural and beautiful.
- Laser treatment- Another available treatment uses lasers to reduce inflammation under the scalp. Hair stops growing as a result of inflammation in the scalp, since laser helps in reducing it, the hair starts to regrow. However, one drawback of this treatment is that there are limited studies to prove its effectiveness.
- Exosome hair restoration- This is a therapy that restores follicles, hence supporting the regrowth of the hair and preventing further hair loss. This therapy takes several sessions which last up to 30 minutes, and the results can be seen in 4 to 6 weeks. A very big positive point of this therapy is that it has no danger from any type of allergies or hypersensitivity, and can be performed on anyone.
Apart from these treatments, making significant changes in lifestyle also helps greatly.